They’re an item that ends up in the recycling bin of every household – the humble toilet roll. But you can also reuse them in a variety of creative ways. Try these nifty methods to use your old toilet rolls.
- DIY bird feeder – coat with peanut butter and roll in birdseed, then pop over a tree branch.
- As a handy holder for your odds and ends of knitting wool – just wrap them around the roll.
- Prevent your half-used rolls of wrapping paper from unravelling by inserting each one into a toilet roll.
- Similarly, keep rolled up electrical cables neat and tidy – pop each one inside a separate roll.
- Make home-made Christmas crackers by filling each cardboard roll with treats, wrapping it in decorative paper and tying the ends off with ribbon.